SUN’s daughterboard connectors incorporates the blade contact
half of the high reliability tuning fork and blade interconnection sytem. Utilizing bodies fabricated from lightweight
extruded aluminum, SUN provides a cost effective and versatile combination of design flexibility, high density, reliable
performance, and quick turnaround from design to production. A number of extrusion shapes are available in two-
three- and four-row 0.100"grid configurations, manufactured to almost any length. SUN connectors meet the requirements
of high-density applications while maintaining the tight design tolerances necessary for optimum mating performance.
The aluminum body also acts as a shield against electromagnetic interference (EMI). Special "first make / last
break" blade contact arrangements reduce the mating forces associated with high density. Various keying methods, including
standard SEMS techniques are available to ensure effective polarization of the daughter card.
To facilitate daughter card testing, SUN offers a series of tuning
fork card extenders, incorporating the same design technology as the blade connectors. which are designed to allow easy access
to daughter cards undergoing in-circuit test.
SUN custom daughterboard connectors will mate with most well-designed
tuning fork systems and are ideally suited for all military and aerospace fork and blade applications; additionally, they
are designed to meet the requirements of WS6157 and MIL-C-28754.
* Wide range of shapes and lengths provide complete design flexibility.
* Quick turnaround from design to production.
* High density 0.100" x 0.100" grid in two, three, and four-row configurations.
* Meets requirements for MIL-C-28754 and WS6157.
* Low insertion force contact arrangement for high-density headers.
* High strength lightweight aluminum bodies.
* Various polarization methods.
* Shielding from electromagnetic interference (EMI).